Easily grow houseplants with this USB plant light.
1. Effective House Planting with No Power Wastage
- Provide only specific Red and Blue lights for plant growing
- Blue lights are ideal for vegetative growth
- Red lights will help encourage budding and flowering
2. Adjustable 3 Modes and Dimmable 2 Levels
- Allow to select Blue / Red / Blue + Red modes, and 50% / 100% channels of brightness
3. Flexible Angle
- The clamp is strong and easy to attach, the swan neck is also easy to position
4. Long Lifespan
- This LED plant light is rated at 50,000 hours of use
- Suitable for growing plants
- Draw power from USB port
- USB cable length (cm): 150
- Neck length (cm): 38
- Light head diameter (cm): 9
- Clip mouth maximum gap (cm): 6.3
- Luminous flux (Im/W): 1
- Power (w): 10 (at 2A current)
- Package includes:
- LED Plant light x 1
I bought this to help some seedlings whilst keeping them in the house, and plan to use it over the winter to help out some plants with extra light on those short dark days.
I would suggest using one per plant, but you may find you can use one for multiple small plants. It's all about the size of the plant and the light coverage.
Down to detail...
The Clamp is metal, not the usual plastic as supplied with most things nowadays. It is fitted with soft foam pads on the inside to protect you furniture as well as soft elasticated silver bands further up the clamp, again to protect. The clamp spring is strong and more than capable of securing the light right side up, or upside down.
The switch unit has 2 separate switches fitted, controlling the Blue(Vegative) LED's and for the Red (Flowering) LED's. Both switches are 3 position, and allow for a high or low setting to adjust the light output/intensity and off. The red/blue LED's can be switched on either separately or together.
The LED head is made again, from metal, and contains 6 Blue and 12 Red LED's with a translucent white covering.
As the LED's do not give off a lot of heat down the way, you can position the light very close to the plants, and your plants should be ok. Alter your height to suit your needs. Any signs of leaf "bleaching" and raise your light a bit.
*** Please note*** This light uses a USB connector for its power, which is a standard 5v DC output. The maker has stated that it is an 10 Watt light, and has a power draw of up to 2 Amps. Most USB charges(iPhone charger for example) will only allow a draw of around 1 Amp, so you would never get the stated 8 watts brightness. iPad chargers have a stated rating of 2.5 Amps, so they would be ok.
Thanks for reading, and I hope some information was useful.